February 25, 2011 by
If you suspect someone is having a stroke ask these three simple questions:
- ask the individual to smile.
- ask him or her to raise both arms.
- ask the person to speak a simple sentence.
- If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 911 immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
- Ask to be transported to a Certified Stroke Center (Currently 820 Joint Commission Certified Stroke Centers in the U.S.)
- Ask if t-PA is right for you.
February 21, 2011 by
Government research compared hospitalizations in 1994 and 1996 with ones in 2006 and 2007.
For every 10,000 hospitalizations in 1995-94 compared with 2006-07 strokes rose:
51 % from 9.8 to 14.8 among males 15 to 34 years old
17 % from 3.6 to 4.2 in females 15 to 34
47 % from 36 to 52.9 in males 35 to 44
36% from 21.9 to 30 in females 35 to 44
Young or old know your risk factors of stroke and how to avoid them.
February 17, 2011 by
¨ Date: Thursday, March 3, 2011
¨ Time: 2:00-4:00pm
¨ Place: Mission Oaks Campus Cafeteria
15891 Los Gatos-Almaden Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Admission FREE, light refreshments provided
Learn more about community resources available to Stroke survivors, families and caregivers
Licensed Physical and Occupational Therapists will be on hand to answer questions
For more information call 1-888-724-2DOC